HVAC Service Technician @ Air Doctors Heating and Cooling, LLC
Service Technicians are responsible for performing a variable range of service-related HVAC/R activities for industrial, commercial, and residential customers. Representative duties include:
- Performs routine HVAC/R service activities normally without direct supervision or on-site assistance.
- As required, serves as a member of an ad hoc company team organized to address a major HVAC/R service or installation job in an efficient, timely, and profitable manner.
- In areas of expertise, assists a Senior Service Technician in the training of new technicians on service-related subjects, including call-back prevention and equipment protocols.
- Conducts bonus-based point-of-work sales of company services, unit components, unit replacements, add-on units, and service contracts, and develops lead referrals.
- As assigned, conducts non-service work in support of other company HVAC/R activities.
- Operates maintains and secures a company vehicle in accordance with instructions discussed in the current Company Employee Handbook.
- Conducts periodic on-call (after work hours) duty.
- Performs related duties as instructed by the Director
- High school graduate; graduate of a post-high school HVAC/R program of instruction of two or more years in duration; demonstrated record of HVAC/R-related continuing education and training.
- Three or more years of successful full-time HVAC/R experience as an installation technician (one year of service experience and two years of installation experience may qualify as an acceptable alternative)
- Good math, verbal, and reading skills, including the ability to read and apply manufacturers’ instructions and clearly communicate with all customers, suppliers, and company employees.
- Physical and sensory abilities to perform all duties noted above under the conditions, circumstances, and extremes found in the company service territory.
- Interest in maintaining personal HVAC/R skills through a combination of self-study, company training, manufacturers’ workshops, and other professional development activities.
- Current and unblemished State vehicle operator’s license; ability to operate all vehicles in the company fleet safely within 30 days of initial employment; insurable.
- Able to use low-key point-of-service sales techniques effectively, including developing sales leads.
- Knows and practices good safety habits, including knowledge of important MSDS, equipment and product safety, tool safety, ladder safety, and crane signals/safety guidelines; willing to be CPR-certified.
- Ability to work under the pressures of time, a non-standard work schedule, adverse weather conditions, customer demands, and backlog constraints.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $53.00 per hour